Jun 21, 2007

imperfections

I'm at work right now, but very bored because Maggie and Amy are both out of the office. I'm listening to 92.7 on the radio. I like it here, and I'd definitely stay if I wasn't starting Elevate.

I took a few minutes a second ago to do a MLS search for dream homes in Key Largo. That was interesting. You wouldn't believe how ugly and gaudy some of them are! Beautiful property. Ugly houses.
__________

Last night, hope came to me in the form of a friend. I was going on and on about how horrible I had been that day and how I was thinking thoughts I shouldn't think and saying, "What is wrong with me? REALLY!? What is wrong with me? I shouldn't be doing those things."

She looked at me and said simply with compassion and sympathy, "You know that you're still allowed to be human right?"

I was dumbstruck. All this time I've been stressing out it's because I was trying to be perfect... and that somehow God must be mad at me because I'm not.

Even as I'm typing this tears come to my eyes when I think about how God accepts me just as I am. Total acceptance. It's the greatest love anyone will ever know. God loves you when you say the wrong things, when you spill your coffee, when your hair is falling out, and when you completely FAIL to love others. God loves you unconditionally and will always love you no matter what. It's just part of His character. It's part of who He is.

He's so amazing! So good and so holy! I owe Him my life.

1 comment:

salbert9 said...

I love you girl! That is so true! Isn't it absolutely amazing to know we're loved unconditionally by the only One who is completely perfect and holy?? Whew, He blows my mind!!!