Oct 5, 2007

fabulosa

Here is a picture that we Gabi took of me after "mandatory fun time" on Tuesday night.

We are all so busy that we are sometimes required to just chill out and have fun. All of full-time and evenings went to Celebration Station instead of going to class on Tuesday. It was a BLAST. I about killed some people on the go-carts. We had a few wrecks, but I guess now they know I DON'T PLAY! That's just how I roll yo!

We were hyped up for a long time afterwards, so when we got home, we turned on the radio and danced. At some point I put on that hat, and Kelly Pitts decided she needed some props too. She escaped into her closet, and then came out looking like this:
Needless to say, I had to borrow her glasses. It was muy fabulosa.
Another recent and cool happening was our outreach marathon. We spent the whole day last Friday reaching out to our community (from 6:30am to 3:00am no lie). We cleaned houses, painted houses, gave out bottles of water, and even had a little time to buy some ice cream from the ice cream man. It was a blast.
The first thing I did on Friday was clean Ms. Violet's house in St. Francisville. Ms. Violet was born on a plantation and has live in St. Franny all of her life. The property she lives on now was actually part of the plantation she was born on. The owners of the plantation left some of the land to her family when they died!
She was so happy we were there that she gave us some free copies of her cook book! It is a cookbook that she wrote which has old plantation recipes in it. It is called "Aunt Shug's Favorite Plantation Recipes." She autographed it and everything! I can't wait to cook something out of it.

I think we were blessed all around. She was happy to have us, and we were happy to listen to all of her magnificent stories!


Joy, Katherine, Ms. Violet, Me, and Cousin Heather

No comments: