Feb 5, 2008

I miss my town. :o(

So...

God has been really teaching me some cool stuff lately about purity of heart... How sometimes you have to make huge sacrifices to recieve the annointing. He's been asking me, "Are you willing to have my will and give up your own?"

I recently read Hebrews 5:11-6:12. I've read it a million times before, but the opening verse just struck me this time: "We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because YOU ARE SLOW TO LEARN." Guh! I am? Yeah, I think I am!

I've really been drifting away from my first love, and getting caught up in the "idea" of ministry. Losing the passion, and the hope of possibilities. I've been stuck on trying to find out what my calling is, whenever I could just live for the moment and let God lead me. God just keeps telling me to go back to where I started, and learn to love Him all over again.

It's good! AMEN!

---

I hung out with Bethel Baptist this weekend. Here are a few pictures I thought you might enjoy:




The mattress game:

There were three teams and Charles drove us each and equal distance away from the church.

The goal:

Beat the other teams back to the church.

The catch:

You must keep the mattress above you head at all times. If you are caught breaking this rule you will have to put your mattress on the ground and the whole team will have to jump on it for five minutes as a penalty.



You can only do it in a small town w/o getting arrested.

Martha climbing the inflatables. She went down the slide w/ a little girl on her lap. I wish I would've caught it on video. She's SO good with children.

Two of the coolest ladies I know: Martha and Emily

1 comment:

~anj~ said...

Love it!!! that mattress game is awesome!